- synchronize and back up my library with Zotero's servers and access my resources from any computer
- share my research resources and notes with others
- follow colleagues and fellow researchers and gain access to their work
- create groups specific to research areas (e.g. Educational Technology)
- export selected resources to a bibliography in the format of my choice in seconds (previously available)
As you can see below, Zotero opens/closes in an adjustable window at the bottom of your browser. Here you have immediate access to your research resources including articles, notes, and website notations.
We all become quickly accustomed to the familiar, so Zotero may not be a good option for people who are well-entrenched in other citation tools. This just happened to be a good time for me to make a switch.
P.S. I've been experimenting with Evernote as a research tool for younger students. As always, feedback is greatly appreciated, especially if you have been using it with your students.